As a Team Alignment Expert, I feel confident in establishing my own definitions. Of course, because I am so opinionated, I do this all the time, not just in areas of expertise!
Here’s a really important Katharineism:
High Performing Teams consistently share 3 characteristics….
1) A shared Vision or Common Purpose
2) A commitment by each team member to each other’s individual success (no dog eat dog mindsets)
3) An ability to speak with one voice!
Yesterday while having a Halpin Company Alumni Association lunch with a fabulous senior executive in one of Arizona’s biggest and most successful companies, we were celebrating her Quantum Leap Results. She reminded me that in order to build these kinds of teams, she had to do 3 things….
1) Throw People the Ball in a Way that Others could Catch It
2) Stay in the Conversation….
3) Be Proactive, not Reactive. In order to do this, we both agreed we have to use lots of self-management approaches.
It is always great to celebrate successes but especially with former clients who you worked with in 2005-2008! What successes have you had recently in forming high performing teams?