Katharine Halpin - Biography
The Halpin Companies was formed in 1995 to fill a void Katharine saw everyday in her CPA career. Business Leaders were focused more on the legal and financial aspects of growing their organizations than the people aspects. Leaders and managers often lose momentum because of the distraction and disruptions caused by ‘people issues’. Katharine fixes that.
She has facilitated processes to accelerate the growth of organizations by getting the right people, with the right strengths, in the right roles, focused on the right priorities. As a result, organic growth occurs when the team members feel safe to step up and speak up. Katharine is passionate about helping others create these work environments that impact whole industries and the economy because one company becomes the ‘employer of choice’ in their community.
Katharine is the author of Alignment for Success: Bringing Out the Best in Yourself, Your Teams and Your Company, and her e-book, The Respond, Not React Playbook both available on Amazon. Katharine’s forthcoming book, What Will That Take? will be published in 2021. She speaks at National and State Conference, virtually and in-person, as well as within her client companies.
She has provided pro-bono or discounted consulting services and speaking to a variety of programs at:
· AZ State University including the Lodestar Center for Nonprofit Management,
· The Flinn Foundation’s Flinn Brown Center for Civic Leadership,
· the Piper Foundation’s Piper Fellows Program,
· the American Institute of CPAs,
· the Arizona and Colorado Societies of CPAs,
· the International Coach Federation and
· the AZ Chapter of the National Speakers Association.
Katharine has served on nonprofit Boards (both charitable and professional associations) continuously since 1985. She has served on the Board and as an Executive Committee Member (Treasurer) of:
· Soroptimist International of Phoenix,
· Self-Employment Loan Fund (micro lending for start-ups),
· American Heart Association’s Phoenix Go Red for Women Committee
· Arizona Society of CPAs,
· Arizona Business Leadership, and the
· global Board of the International Coach Federation.
Katharine currently serves as an unpaid Advisor to the Founders of three nonprofits (two Global and one Regional) whose missions relate to her passions; developing women and uprooting dating and domestic violence.
Katharine became certified in Texas as a CPA in 1989. She received the highest coaching certification available, the Master Certified Coach, from the International Coach Federation.